If you’re looking to get some wheels to get your skateboard up and running, it’s completely understandable to not have a clue about where to begin. Today you are going to read our completely Shark Wheel Review.
There are a couple of technicalities here and there that one may need to understand but let me guess; you really don’t want to do that, do you?!
If my guess is correct and you’d just want a good product handed to you, I have just the thing. The shark wheel review that I will be going over will hopefully meet what you need.
Shark Wheel 72mm 78a Longboard Cruising Wheels, DNA Formula, Set of 4 Wheels Shark Wheel 60 mm 78a, Skateboard Cruising Wheels, California Roll, Set of 4 Wheels Shark Wheel 70mm 78a Longboard/Cruiser Wheels with Free Shiver ABEC 9 Bearings Shark Wheel Sidewinder Longboard Wheels 70mm, 78a (Clear with Blue Hub, 70mm)
Shark Wheel 72mm 78a Longboard Cruising Wheels, DNA Formula, Set of 4 Wheels
Shark Wheel 60 mm 78a, Skateboard Cruising Wheels, California Roll, Set of 4 Wheels
Shark Wheel 70mm 78a Longboard/Cruiser Wheels with Free Shiver ABEC 9 Bearings
Shark Wheel Sidewinder Longboard Wheels 70mm, 78a (Clear with Blue Hub, 70mm)
Shark Wheel Review: Worth The Money!
Amazing Features of Shark Wheel:
Though this unit didn’t make it to our best longboard wheels guide, it still has some quality features. Let’s have a look.
- With the appearance of multiple wheels stacked together, these sidewinder longboard wheels are quite a bit bulky in size and the shape and texture are such that it should let you get very good contact with the surface of the ground. The extra grip will make it very suitable to let the board move on surfaces that are not necessarily the best and even more slippery grounds than the conventional wheels.
- The size and stature of the sidewinder wheels are such that they will be a bit big for trucks with a small gap between the ends of the handles. If I haven’t emphasized this enough, they’re quite big! If you want to fit them well into your board, you’ll probably need a truck on the board that is quite long between the handles.
- While we’re on the subject of this, you’ll probably also be much better served with a much bigger deck too. This is not going to fit in well in a deck that isn’t long enough so you might be best suited to getting these wheels if you have a deck that is a good size for this as well. Even though there are no real general guidelines for this, you will want to look at what other users of this particular wheelset are using to get a feel of how much length you’ll want.
- The wheels are 70mm in diameter, which is about the average size of the wheel but you also need to factor in the thickness of the wheels due to the sidewinding shape of the wheel. The thickness of the material as a whole will also let the wheels take more bumps without damage. The bump endurance will let you enjoy certain benefits such as going over speed bumps. To do so, all you need to do is approach the bump at an angle and you should be able to go over it with relative ease.
- In addition, the triple-wheeled build of the wheels are quite streamlined and despite the extra grippy nature of these wheels, is a shape that prevents the surface from obstructing the motion of the wheels too much. So you get the added benefits of better grip to all-terrain and in addition, reduce friction from movement and get better speeds. Can’t ask for much more than that now can ya?!
- The build quality is also quite good and the wave pattern on the wheels will let the wheels take a lot of hits from the terrain. It can run through the water as well if that was of concern to you. Can’t have too much coverage for terrain!
- The all-terrain nature of these wheels means that it is going to be a good fit for you to stake on a variety of different types of terrain, including sand, dirt, and water. Don’t hesitate to take your board along if you’re going to travel to the beach! I can tell you, very few things will feel as good as the sea breeze hitting your face while you run down the beach in your skateboard. Just imagine the scene!
- Finding good wheels for longer, pintail decks can be quite a bit difficult and especially long-drop skateboards, which are quite a unique type of skateboard and will not be something most people have. So for a use case, it is going to be for a very select group but it does have a decent amount of flexibility in regards to general use. Long-drop longboards as a general rule are going to go down a very long slope and this will provide the additional grip to support moving down at high speeds.
- The design of the wheels, with the right deck type, can also be a very good wide configuration, which will let the skateboard get very good control and stability on the surface. This is going to come in handy to let you turn despite the wide configuration. They will not necessarily be the sharpest and smoothest turns but they will definitely be turning all right. The design of the wheels is also quite an interesting addition to the mix. When you are sliding in one side, the wheels look like they are coming apart to allow you to turn easier in that time but as soon as you have completed the turn, the wheels come together again. So it has that added bit of flexibility in turning but maintains all the benefits of the build for straight movements.
- Although the design isn’t the prettiest, it comes in a whole variety of colors. It certainly won’t tingle your most sensitive aesthetic senses but the different color combinations can be matched with that of your board and trucks in order to make for a piece of engineering that looks quite easy on the eye. The wheels aren’t that bad either! They have a wavy feel to them and they will definitely go well in different settings, such as the beach. And since it is going to run quite well there, you’re in luck!
- Because of the shape of the wheels, one issue that is likely to be faced by users is that the ride is not as smooth as one could get on flat, concrete surfaces. The wheels are a bit flat and rectangular-is and although it is a good design to run the skateboard through all sorts of terrain, it isn’t going to be the best in terms of providing a smooth ride. If you only want to skate in and around your city or only on roads and pavements, this is definitely not the best option out there for you and you’ll get better service for more well-rounded wheels with a harder core.
- The design of the layered wheels, however useful it might be because of the turning functionality, is also not the sturdiest. The three wheels that make up the whole wheel was reported to get split from each other and as a result, break down. Whatever it is that is holding together the different layers clearly isn’t doing a good enough job!
- The build does not hold up for too long. Even though the build is sturdy, it is not time tested and if you ride around a lot with it at places with unfriendly terrain, it might not last you for a long time. It is going to hold up with the occasional off-terrain work but you might not want to overdo it.
- A problem with the material used is that a lot of users complained about finding bubbles in their particular shipment. This is likely to be a quality control issue more than product design but in a sense, this could be an indication that the material used to make the wheels are somewhat problematic. Even then, it doesn’t seem like something that is too difficult to manage.
Shark Wheel 72 mm 78a Longboard Wheels | DNA Formula | 4-Pack
The next product on our list is all about a new formula named DNA formula. When you will appreciate the super speed the ride gains with this wheel, you will understand what magic the formula is performed. What’s also fantastic is the bearing setup it offers. It doesn’t fail to make your riding convenient.
The wheels will be durable as that is one aspect this brand doesn’t seem to compromise for. What’s also great is that the wheels you let ride for endless hours without making you push the ride.
And when I tell you that such consistency pairs with amazing smoothness, things get a whole lot better, don’t they?
We were having fun going through the customer reviews of this item and we came across one review that says that it’s “smoother than butter”. Another one says that it “throws” the rocks out of its way. They were delighted with the stumble-free and trips-free rides it had to offer.
However, things would’ve been nicer if one user didn’t feel completely let-down. And another customer wasn’t happy to find bubbles in 2 out of his 4 wheels. So, apart from this minor issue and the obvious major one before that, there were stories of happy purchases all around.
- DNA formula for extreme speed and durability
- The bearing setup makes the riding convenient
- Great consistency pairs with amazing smoothness
- Nicely goes around the object
- A user found bubbles in 2 out of his 4 wheels
Shark Wheel 60 mm 78a Skateboard Wheels | California Roll | 4-Pack
The best wheels should be the ones that will allow you some adventure with rough terrains. Now, if the terrain wears the wheels down, the experience won’t take much time in turning into a nightmare. That’s why for those enthusiastic riders the brand decided to make this tough product for challenging terrains.
To your astonishment, you will find the wheels moving the objects out of the way. And the fact that it lessens the friction by about 60% is too impressive. Moreover, it gets better with the glorious approach angle the wheels have. At 30 degrees, you will feel car-like smoothness while going over the speed breakers.
Another thing that earned this model the top position on our list is its durability. They say that the wheels will serve you for 15% longer than most other options out there. And considering the customer reviews, it wouldn’t be fair to call it a mere claim.
However, one user was disappointed by the mold line he found. Also, he wanted the logo to stick around, not falling off after a few rides. Another user wasn’t convinced with its performance on dirt. He had to stall then. Also, it made the board bumpier and slower for one customer.
- The wheels move the objects out of the way
- Lessens the friction by about 60%
- A glorious approach angle at 30 degrees
- Incredible smoothness while going over the speed breakers
- A user wasn’t convinced with its performance on dirt
Also you can see our one of the best longboard brand Hamboards review.
Shark Wheel 60mm, 70mm and 72mm Longboard/Cruiser Wheels (78a)
The best thing about this product is its extreme durability. They even went on stating that it will last 15% longer. And as an off-road rider, you want such wheels that will pass the test of time. What’s also worth mentioning is that the package includes speed rings as well as built-in spacers. So, it’s convenient.
The brand gives a great deal of importance to slide control while making their wheels. And after looking through the market, this is one of the rarest features a rider craves for. Better slide control stands for more reliability and confidence. You will also enjoy the little amount of friction it lets you experience.
They’ve made the wheels flat-sided. And considering the smoothness of ride such design provides, they’ve done a nice job. Moreover, what’s quite unique in that the wheels move around the objects. Yes, rather than going over them, they do this to reduce the friction and avoid the stops.
As for drawbacks, for a customer, the momentum this model offers was questionable. While riding down the hills, it doesn’t feel cool to push the ride, right? Also, one user thinks that it’s noisy and shaky at times. Another customer wasn’t that convinced about the smoothness it comes with.
- Wheels that will pass the test of time
- Includes speed rings as well as built-in spacers
- Better slide control for more reliability and confidence
- A little amount of friction
- For a customer, the momentum this model offers was questionable
Shark Wheel Sidewinder Longboard Wheels 70mm, 78a
Do you fancy a wide wheel? I mean, the fact that wider wheels lessen the friction is too tempting to ignore. And that’s what we are trying to talk about with this particular product. They’ve made a smart move to provide the users with outstanding traction along with reduced friction.
Then there’s another charming feature. It’s the alternating pattern the wheels come with. You see, there’s a lot of hydroplaning on rough terrains. And this causes problems for the riders. We’ve heard about falls too as a consequence of this.
So, it was necessary to find a design to tackle the problem and behold, we have this feature that has it covered. Another great specialty of it is the wave pattern.
What does it do? Well, it reduces the friction together with the widened design. The contact area becomes thin with such a pattern that quickens the ride.
Among other features, the lateral grip these wheels come with is fabulous. Because of their smooth breaking-away and fast recovery, you will have a breathtaking riding experience. Now, as for cons, we haven’t come across any significant one.
- Outstanding traction along with reduced friction
- A design to tackle the problem of hydroplaning
- The contact area is thin that quickens the ride
- Great lateral grip with smooth breaking-away and fast recovery
- No significant drawbacks
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs):
1. Do the wheels actually work given that they are squares?
Yes, even though they are square in appearance, the core of the wheels themselves are spherical.
The particular shape of the shark wheel design is a crossover between a sphere. and a cube and they should be good enough to roll on the ground. This design has advantages in terms of going around in unconventional terrains.
2. What is the material used to make the wheels?
Although it looks a bit like rubber, the material is actually high-rebound polyurethane. It is a harder substance than rubber and rolls quite well on the floor. It’ll hold up reasonably well I imagine!
3. Do the wheels have bearings to attach them?
Unfortunately not, you are going to have to purchase the bearings for the wheels separately. Apparently, the manufacturer sells the bearings at a discount to buyers if they are in need so you can order that one as well.
Conclusion: Why Should You Buy Shark Wheel ?
So there you go, How was the Shark Wheel Review? That was a comprehensive enough Shark Wheel review of what is definitely quite a unique product that I hope, by the time you come here, have reached a conclusive decision about whether this product is for you.
It has its flaws, needless to say, but it is not the worst by any means and there is also so many different scenarios where the wheels can be quite useful so you definitely shouldn’t be disregarding it completely.
Give it a go and see for yourself how well these gimmicky and wave-like Shark wheels perform in different types of unfavorable conditions. You might be surprised by what you experience!
Hi, my name is Gabriel. I am completed my MBA from private university and my subject was IT (Information Technology) and also I complete my graduation form South East University and Department from CSE (Computer Science & Engineering). I am author and blogger of this website who loves to write about different topics that are related to the board sport. From beginner tips to intermediate advice, I want to offer you quality content that will help improve your skill set and make you a better rider. Thanks for checking out my site!
3 thoughts on “Shark Wheel Review: Should You Pick This Wheels?”
Pingback: Best Longboard Wheels Review 2019! - Longboard Reviewd!
Pingback: 🛹Benefits of Skateboard Wheels 2020| Explore-it
Pingback: All Orangatang Wheels Review & Buying Guide! - Longboard Reviewd!
Comments are closed.